Basic Care, Programs & Services
The following programs and services are available to all residents at no additional cost:
- Nursing and personal care over a 24 hour basis, including care given by, or under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or a Registered Practical Nurse, and a Nurse Practitioner as well as the administration of medication and assistance with activities for daily living.
- Medical care that is available in the Home.
- Supplies, equipment, and devices necessary for the provision of medical, nursing and personal care and activities of daily living as offered by the Home.
- Supplies and equipment for personal hygiene and grooming. These include skin care lotions; shampoos; soap; deodorant; toothpaste; toothbrushes; denture cups and cleansers; toilet tissue; facial tissue; hair brushes; combs; disposable razors; shaving cream; and feminine hygiene products.
- A meal service that includes three meals per day, snacks between meals and at bedtime. Provision is also made for special therapeutic diets; dietary supplements and assistive devices for self feeding.
- Social, recreational and physical activities and programs, including related supplies and equipment.
- Rehabilitation services and some related supplies and equipment.
- Laundry, including labeling of clothes, machine washing, and drying of personal clothing.
- Bedding and linen including mattresses, pillows, bed linen, wash cloths and towels.
- Bedroom furnishings such as bed, adjustable bed rails, comfortable chair, hospital type adjustable bed with head and foot board.
- Standard basic accommodation, unless otherwise specified.
- The cleaning and maintenance of the accommodations. Regular housekeeping and maintenance are carried out routinely. We pride ourselves in our efforts to continually ensure that our resident’s live in a clean and safe environment.
- All other services required under the Long Term Care legislation.
Mail should be addressed to residents “c/o” Sample:
Resident Name, Rm#
c/o Collingwood Nursing Home
250 Campbell Street
Mail is picked up daily from our “Super Box”. Out-going mail can be left at the Business Office. Please note that parcels larger than a shoe box, will not fit into our “Super-Box”. Canada Post will not deliver these larger parcels, and we are not able to pick parcels up at the post office. A courier service is required if large parcels are being sent to a resident.
Care of Personal Clothes
We label clothing items as all clothes need to be properly identified prior to placing the items in the resident’s closet.
Parties & Celebrations
The Collingwood Nursing Home encourages family and other personal celebrations. We will endeavour to provide a room for personal parties, such as Birthdays, Christmas, Anniversaries or private visits with advanced notice. The use of candles are restricted to certain areas due to fire safety hazards. There are smoke and heat detectors throughout the Nursing Home. If you are planning to use candles, or any device which may activate our fire alarm, please inform us prior to the event.